Whether we love, loathe or trudge through them, the holidays are a prime time for reflection. One year comes to a close, opening a brand new one. What appears beyond that door relies largely on our choices. While I’ve never been big on New Year’s resolutions, I embrace any opportunity to examine the then and now with striver’s eyes.
What can we do to live better? Bolder? Happier? What are we willing to face, change, sacrifice or embrace? These questions paired with action can make the hum drum extraordinary, the pretty-darn-good freaking awesome and, if the masses partake, the whole world a better place. What does this have to do with Girl Boner?
Sex is so much more than intercourse or procreation. Here at Girl Boner Central, we believe that sexuality is as prevalent in the air we breathe and the music in our hearts as it is in our doings (or not doings) between the sheets. When we deny sexual aspects of ourselves, which too many women sadly do, we’ve little hope of living or loving to the fullest.
As we head into 2013, I hope you’ll consider the sexual goddess you are.
Girl Boner Goals Worth Setting
While different GB strokes work for different folks (I ♥ puns!), the following resolutions can help increase Girl Boner gusto, sexual pleasure and overall wellness. If a better sex life makes your wish list, you may want to…
1. …talk about sex! More often, openly or honestly with your partner or trusted friends.
2. …masturbate—at all or more often.
3. …experiment with sex toys or other forms of sexual play.
4. …learn to embrace your body as is.
5. …strive for more orgasms, or any.
6. …seek your G-spot! You’ll know what to do next.
7. …explore erotica.
8. …stop telling yourself you’re too ________ (old, fat, boring, ugly…).
9. …look at your vagina with a hand held mirror. Study and explore its beauty.
10. …take an inventory of your sex life. (We can’t hope to improve that which we don’t acknowledge.)
11. …fantasize, boldly. Put safe ones into play.
12. …stop dieting.
13. …prioritize your sexual wellness. Make that overdue gyno appointment.
14. …read sexually empowering books and magazines.
15. …say ‘yes’ more often to your partner, if you tend to decline.
16. …prioritize sleep.
17. …exercise routinely, and work those sex muscles!
18. …pamper yourself for less sex-preventing stress.
19. …sensualize your bedroom.
20. …let yourself think like a stereotypical man now and then. Fantasize. Undress attractive others with your eyes. Give yourself permission to want. (I stole this one from Oprah Magazine.)
21. …have sensual photos taken.
22. …vajazzle! (Huh, you say? Read this post by Natalie Hartford.) You could also try a bikini wax or other grooming techniques.
23. …stop faking orgasms.
24. …empower yourself by seeking support from a qualified expert, such as a sex therapist.
25. …pursue your passions in life.
One of my goals is to make Girl Boner-land as aroused, empowering and engaging as possible. Toward that end, I’d love to hear your thoughts.
We’ll delve further into the above listed items down the road. In the meantime, any thoughts or questions about them? Which strike a chord with you? What else would you like to find in Girl Boner-land?
Posted by August McLaughlin on December 17, 2012