“A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?”
From the moment I spotted The Book of Questions at a bookstore, I knew I’d put it to good use—and I did, at countless slumber parties, road trips and even a few dates. (Hmm, I wonder why those relationships didn’t last long…) Nothing gets the ball rolling, or catapulting off in crazy directions, like a heap of questions.
Well a fun question game, much like the BoQ, is circulating the web lately and the fabulous Fabio Bueno named me a
victim participant. (Thanks again, Fabio!) Once selected for “Eleven Questions,” you’re to follow these rules:
- Post the rules.
- In the same post, answer the questions.
- Create eleven new questions to ask eleven new
- Tag those people and share links to their blogs in your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them.
Here are Fabio’s questions and my answers:
1. What is your favorite historical period and why? The seventies. I totally would’ve been a change-making, guitar-strumming hippy.
2. List your top five favorite movies. Off the top of my head—Silence of the Lambs, Seven, The Sixth Sense, The Wizard of Oz and Shattered Glass.
3. Your house is on fire. Your loved ones–humans and pets–are already safe outside. They have your driver’s license and a flash drive with all your backups (files and all the media you own). You have time to save one more object. What would you get? My chest of letters wrapped up in a quilt made with material from my husband’s mom and mine, attached to my guitar.
Who let the dogs out? You can invite any three people in the world for a dinner–anyone alive. Who are your guests? Oprah and my parents. If Mom and Dad weren’t free, I’d invite the Dalai Lama and Maya Angelou.
5. Congress/the gods/smiling extraterrestrials said you can only have one type of food every meal for the rest of your life (they’ll supplement your diet with vitamin pills). Which food would you choose? Indian.
6. In an episode of “Friends”, they all reveal their freebie list: five celebrities with whom they can hook up without upsetting their partners. Who’s in yours? No one. I’m expensive. (Ha!) Seriously, though, upsetting my partner is only one of numerous reason I’d opt out.
7. (Huge spoiler alert.) Some people think the Hunger Games is bloody. In Harry Potter 6, fifteen characters die. In HP7, the body count is over fifty (see here). JK is rewriting the series, and she let you choose one character from any of the seven books to get a reprieve. Who would it be and why? I haven’t read the books or seen the movies, so…whoever’s meanest.
8. What’s your worst fear? Serious harm—to loved ones or me.
9. You can choose your own nickname, with an assurance that no one would ever mock you. Tell us your choice. BA = Bestselling author. LOL Kidding! Sort of.
10. What’s the best vacation you have ever had? Morrow Bay with my husband. We spent our “honeymoon” time and funds taking care of my post-surgery bull dog. The resort trip felt more like our honeymoon than another couple’s wedding.
11. Congress/the gods/smiling extraterrestrials said you must move to any fantasy or sci-fi setting (books, movies, videogames, rpgs) of your choice—permanently. Where would you go? The happy place in What Dreams May Come.
Now for the BEST part—asking some of my favorite bloggers new questions. Here are the contestants I’ve chosen:
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
2. If you could re-live any day of your life, as often as you’d like, which would you choose?
3. Of the books you’ve read recently, which is your favorite?
4. You have front row seats and back stage passes for any concert. Who’s on stage?
5. Who’s the last person you hugged?
6. What’s your favorite smell?
7. What’s your best bargain-hunting or money-saving tip?
8. What’s your funniest or strangest high school memory?
9. How do you feel about your birthday?
10. What do you not miss about being younger?
11. What about you tends to surprise others?
I look forward to reading your responses, assuming you’re up for the challenge. Everyone else, I’d love to hear your answer to at least one of these questions. If you’re feeling especially inquisitive, ask us all one, too!